After the Superior Portland Cement Company plant was built in Baker in 1908, it was decided to merge the two towns. Inhabitants of the new community settled on the name "Concrete" and the town was so christened and officially incorporated on May 8, 1909. Notable buildings and landmarks Concrete is home to a number of historic buildings and
Superior Portland Cement Site Now known as Silo Park, this was the site of Concrete's second cement plant, completed in 1908, and later operated by Lone Star Northwest until 1967. Remaining structures include the silos, office building, power generator building, and …
Jun 03, 2005 · The second plant was built by Superior Cement, which began making Portland cement there in 1908. The Superior plant used the traditional dry production process, but …
The Concrete mill, which began producing cement in 1906, was acquired by Lone Star from Superior Portland Cement Company in 1957. One of the oldest plants in Lone Star's 15-plant system, Concrete's operating costs are the highest of all the plants. "The possibility of modernizing the Concrete plant was considered," said Mr.
After the Superior Portland Cement Company plant was built in Baker in 1908, it was decided to merge the two towns. Inhabitants of the new community settled on the name "Concrete" and the town was so christened and officially incorporated on May 8, 1909. Notable buildings and landmarks. Concrete is home to a number of historic buildings and
13 products.Mini Mobile Concrete Batching Plant is a kind of a portable concrete mixing machine. Compared to staionary concrete batching plant it is flexible to move, therefore, this kind of machine is more suitable for such construction projects of short constr
Trip Reports . Lands /History. Gear /Food /Photo
Oct 04, 2008 · This reminiscence about Metaline Falls and the Lehigh Portland Cement Plant was written by Alfred Schaeffer (1914-2009), who served as plant manager from 1947 to 1969. This piece was originally printed in 1999 in The Big Smoke, the publication of the Pend Oreille County Historical Society, located in Newport.
Henan Yicheng Heavy Industry Machinery Manufacturing Co.,Ltd. Founded in 2000, focusing on providing customers with high-quality concrete mixing plant equipm
Visit the Concrete Heritage Museum to learn about the area's past and how its status as a cement production hub led to the town's unusual name. Join the walking tour leading through the town's historic center and passing the austere but atmospheric ruins of the Superior Portland Cement Plant.
Concrete is a town in north-central Skagit County, Washington, United States. The population was 732 at the 2010 census. The town of Concrete is included in the Mount Vernon-Anacortes, Washington Metropolitan Statistical Area.
2016 Hot Sale Used Elba Small Concrete Batching Plant Price. Find Elba Concrete Batching Plant for sale on Australia's No1 online machinery market. Currently there are Elba Concrete Batching Plant dealer or private sales. Browse further to find more Elba Concrete Batching Plant 1 only used 2016 CMQ Engineering 5m3 mobile Batching Plant
Apr 11, 2017 · The silos built by Superior Portland Cement Company in 1936 to hold up to 115,000 barrels of cement still stand in Concrete today. Image courtesy the Concrete Heritage Museum.
Superior Portland Cement Building, Concrete, WA. 349 likes · 26 talking about this. Historic Landmark in Concrete, Washington, Skagit County.
Field trips included visits to mines, smelter companies, cement, and quarries, including Sunset Mine, in Index, Washington, Tacoma Smelter Company, and Washington, Superior, and Olympic Portland Cement …
On the east bank of the river, the community that sprang up around the Washington Portland Cement Company (1905) was named "Cement City." After the Superior Portland Cement Company plant (1908) was built in Baker, it was decided to merge the two towns, and in 1909, after much discussion, the new community settled on the name "Concrete."
Jul 20, 2006 · He brought samples to New York financiers who then formed the Washington Portland Cement Company in 1892. The firm built a processing plant on the east bank of the Baker, at the confluence of the two rivers. In 1898, the Superior Portland Cement Co. opened on the west bank.
Independent and strong-willed, she was determined—at the request of Portland Superior Cement Company—to bring the telephone lines farther east from their then current location in Hamilton at the turn of the 20th century. She helped create and became the President and major shareholder of Skagit River Telephone Co., from 1909 to 1935.
Concrete Heritage Museum Board Vice President John Lloyd leads a special tour of the Museum for members of the newly formed Boys & Girls Club of Concrete on Nov. 20, 2018. The kids, ages 5 to 11, were treated to an up-close look at the museum displays, as well as answers to their questions.